As far as coverups go, I usually opt for white. I have a drawer full of bright, multicolored bikinis, and a white coverup will go with all of the suits I own. They also look incredibly chic just in case you want to go straight from the beach to lunch or dinner!
Since it’s now past Memorial Day, we can officially wear our whites without criticism from anyone! While I personally believe that only wearing white during the summer months is a pretty silly, outdated fashion rule, I love shopping for crisp new white pieces for the season. Here are a few products I’ve been eyeing.
1. Piping Twist Shift Dress, Topshop
2. Ivory Maxi Dress, Lulus
3. Grand Gardenia Dress, Modcloth
4. Poof Skirt Tank Dress, Alice + Olivia
The L.W.D — The Little White Dress
Ditch your trusty little black dress for an LWD. A white dress is perfect for graduation season, summer parties, vacations and more. Whether you opt for a more structured dress like this one from Topshop, a form fitting breezy maxi or a statement dress, a LWD is one piece that’s essential in your wardrobe during the summer months.
1. Moto White Jamie Jeans, Topshop
2. Twine Short, Odd Molly
3. Denim Midi Shorts, Madewell
4. Delphina Pant, Elizabeth and James
The White Bottoms
Another essential piece for your wardrobe this season is the white bottom. For pants, I’m loving a wide-legged, linen pant for the day and a super skinny white jean for nights out on the town. I also think you should have a classic pair of white shorts as well as an embellished pair to embrace your inner girly-girl.
1. Lulu Lace Romper, Bop Basics
2. Kailua Flower Cover Up, Seafolly
3. White Broderie Cover Up, Topshop
The White Coverup
1. Ankle Strap Sandals, Zara
2. White Sand Starburst Necklace, House of Harlow
3. Laser Cut MAC Bag, Rebecca Minkoff
The Finishing Touches
White accessories will pop off all your bright colored ensembles this season. Now is the time to invest in shoes, jewelry or a bag to put that perfect finishing touch to any of your summer ensembles!
I linked up with Long Distance Loving for Friday Fancies this week!