TGIF, friends! Some changes around here: for a long time, I’ve been posting Mon-Thurs and pushing out a newsletter on Friday. I do this full-time, I thought. Producing five solid pieces of content should be feasible.
There’s a little thing called Instagram that’s been taking up a lot of my time, and I hate to be the one to admit it. I love posting on my blog. It’s so satisfying to me to write a post that’s 500-800 words long. However, since I do this full-time, I also do rely on income from sponsored campaigns to pay my rent: and the bulk of these campaigns only ask for an Instagram post.
To be candid, it’s been hard to shoot both exclusive content for Instagram, as well as publish four posts/week and a newsletter — especially with my travel schedule, and the fact that I also pick up freelance writing assignments. I’ve decided to drop my posting schedule to 3x/week, and I’ll be posting on MWF now with a newsletter on Thursday. If you have any feedback for me, just shoot me an email or a DM! I’d love to hear your thoughts.
I’m also going to try bringing back my Weekend Scoop series for Fridays and see how this goes! I nixed it last year after being advised to at a conference, but let me know your thoughts.
You guys: I’m moving into my Charlottesville apartment this weekend! I’m stoked to move because honestly? My current living situation has made me a bit depressed. Living at my mom’s house for a month was an excellent opportunity to save money and spend more time with her, but I don’t have a car and she lives deep in the suburbs, so there have been quite a few days that I’ve been stuck in the house all day, with little human contact. My belongings aren’t organized either since I only was living here for a short period, and that’s making it difficult to concentrate on work and be as proactive as I’d want to be.
Anyway — I’m excited to start this next chapter, and I’m looking forward to getting the keys to the new place this weekend!
- This pop-up dinner was hands down one of the best events I’ve been to in D.C.
- Buried in emails? I’ve got some tips and tricks on how to get to inbox zero.
- Why you shouldn’t sleep on the polka dot trend.
- Headed to Boston soon? I’ve got a hotel recommendation.
What I’m Loving: Last Minute Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Picks
Heads up: the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale ends on Monday, August 6th. I’ve rounded up some of the best products that are still in stock in a variety of sizes (and also some fabulous beauty buys!)
- These sneakers keep coming in and out of stock in various sizes (snagged a pair after two attempts yesterday!)
- I own this dress, and I’ve been rocking it nonstop (see me wearing it here)
- This Supergoop set is a total steal (their products are fantastic, IMO)
- How cute are these J.Crew pajamas? They come in multiple colors, too!
- If anyone wants to give me a housewarming present…I’d love these candles, please!