Hello, friends! Even though I’ve had this blog for a whopping five years now, I’ve still struggled with that perfect Friday content vertical. I wanted to try out something new, and just chat about all things weekend. I get the awesome opportunity to go to a lot of events during the week and try out a lot of things from PR companies that simply don’t have a proper home on the blog, so I’m hoping this brief little weekend update can fill that void.
Let me know what your thoughts are on this friends, I would love some feedback on this new series!
As most of you know I’m in Arizona this week for a super fun press trip with Visit Mesa and Visit Phoenix. I’ve never been to Arizona before, and I’m already in love! We’ve packed in so much on our trip so far, including Goat Yoga, a hike at the Wind Cave Trail, a visit to the spa, a cooking demo, and plenty of visits to community farms. I honestly have enough content from this trip alone to break it down into several different posts!
Need to catch up on my blog posts from the week? Here’s what you might have missed!
- How I’m learning new skills with The Great Courses Plus
- Say hello to my weekend uniform
- Why I decided to move to Philadelphia
Um, hello? How perfect was this cactus print phone case for my Arizona trip?
What I’m Loving
- I picked up the Cult Gaia bag that so many other bloggers have, and I now understand the hype!
- I wore this dress to Charlottesville last weekend, and boy oh boy: I’ve never received so many compliments! I rented it, but after that test drive I think I’m going to buy it here.
- These mules by Hush Puppies are SO. COMFORTABLE. And under $100. You need them!
- If you’ve been watching my Insta-Stories or Snapchat lately, here’s the hat I’ve been rocking for the entire trip. P.S., it’s under $30. Crazy!
Live Like A Local
- D.C.: This weekend, Current Boutique is celebrating their 10-year anniversary and a customer appreciation event, and Georgetown is hosting their French Market (and it looks delicious). I’m previewing a super fun store opening in Bethesda and a new rooftop bar in the city when I get back next week — make sure to follow along on IG Stories or Snapchat!
- Philly: My blog associate previewed the new sweetgreen x Zahav collab this week, and we’ve confirmed it’s pretty delicious. You can snag the special edition Zahav bowl at Philly sweetgreen locations starting today.