Did you know that the Tuesday after Thanksgiving is Giving Tuesday?
I know it’s easy to get caught up during the holidays, with all of these temptations to spend, spend, spend. If you have some spare cash this holiday season, you’re pretty fortunate! If you’re looking for ways to give back and spread a bit of holiday cheer this season, why not consider donating to a great cause today?
The Blue Trunk Foundation
This Giving Tuesday, I am proud to support Blue Trunk Foundation. As you may know, I have been an advisor at Blue Trunk for the last year, and it’s an organization that I truly believe in.
Blue Trunk’s vision is to create a world where it is easier for everybody to enjoy travel, regardless of their age, disability, or health conditions. Please consider donating to Blue Trunk and help us work toward our mission of making travel accessible for all. You can donate through Blue Trunk’s website here.
Here are a few ways you give back this holiday season in the spirit of Giving Tuesday:
5 Ways to Give Back This Holiday Season:
- Donate to your favorite organization. What’s your favorite charitable organization? I have a few that I regularly donate to: Habitat for Humanity, ACLU, ASPCA…the list goes on! Search Giving Tuesday’s database if you’re looking for a new organization to donate to that shares the same values as you.
- Set up a time to volunteer. Are you more of the hands-on time? Set up a time this holiday season to volunteer at a nonprofit. From being a business mentor to becoming a literacy volunteer, there are dozens of ways you can use your skills for good. Check out Volunteer Match to find a nonprofit near you!
- Serve a holiday meal. If you have a low-key holiday, I would consider serving a holiday meal this season — it’s something that’s personally been on my bucket list for a while! Feeding America has an enormous database of food banks across the nation that could use your help.
- Give blood. Because I have a blood disorder, unfortunately, I am unable to give blood. However, this simple act can save lives and mean the world to a family this holiday season. The Red Cross has a ton of information on where you can give blood and local blood drives that I would highly recommend!
- Bring a few cans to the food shelter. Did you buy too much food this Thanksgiving? So did we! If you have some cans to spare, consider donating them to your local food bank. Also, the next time you’re at the grocery store, if you have a bit of spare change, pick up an extra can or two to donate to a family in need.
What are your favorite ways to give back? Share in a comment below!
Photo by Tom McGovern