A mulled wine recipe with a variety of flavors.
1 navel orange
1 (750 ml) bottle red wine
1/4 cup sugar
5 whole cloves
4 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks
4 Star Anise
2 oz Cognac
- Slice the orange into four wheels.
- Combine the wine, sugar, cloves, 3 cinnamon sticks, star anise, cognac, and orange wheels in a large saucepan over very low heat.
- Heat the mixture until it nearly reaches a simmer, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Do not allow the wine to come to a boil.
- Let the mulled wine stand for 5-10 minutes.
- Ladle in your mulled wine into your mugs.
- Add an orange wheel and a cinnamon stick to garnish.