A delicious, Mediterranean twist on the classic green bean casserole.
16 ounces (453 g) sliced mushrooms
3 sprigs fresh thyme
6 cloves garlic, smashed
5 tablespoons (74 mL) olive oil, divided
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
2 shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
10 ounces (283 g) plan hummus
1 pound (453 g) fresh green beans, steamed
- Heat oven to 325°F with a rack positioned in upper third of the oven. Place mushrooms, thyme, and smashed garlic on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt.
- Cook mushrooms for 30 minutes, then turn the heat up to 500°F and roast for an additional 5-8 minutes. Mushrooms should be crispy. Drizzle hot sheet pan with vinegar and stir the mushrooms around with wooden spoon. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a small pan heat 3 tablespoons of oil over medium high heat.
- Fry shallots until brown and crispy, place on a paper towel lined plate and season with salt.
- Mound hummus in the center of a large platter and spread around with the back of spoon.
- Spoon mushrooms over the hummus, and place cooked green beans on top.
- Garnish with crispy shallots and a light drizzle of olive oil over the whole platter.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes