A delicious fall dessert.
1 box Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Waffles
1 ½ cups milk
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
⅓ cup brown sugar
¼ cup canned pumpkin
¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
2 eggs, beaten
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Butter a 4-6 cup baking dish. Cut up 8 waffles into 2 inch pieces and place in the buttered dish.
- In a medium sauce pan over low heat whisk milk, butter, vanilla, sugar, pumpkin, and pumpkin pie spice. Heat just until butter has melted.
- Cool milk mixture for a few minutes, mix in eggs.
- Pour mixture over cut up waffles.
- Bake for approximately 35 minutes or until custard has set up and the top of the waffles begin to brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and serve warm.