TGIF, friends! I don’t know about you, but this week kicked my butt. I was able to relax over the long weekend fully, but unfortunately, I just never fully got back into the swing of things this work week!
Now that I have the chance to wind down a bit, I plan on ushering in the weekend by making these Mac and Cheese Bites. Full transparency: we shot this project in partnership with Tillamook for a social media campaign, but I wanted to share this on the blog as well so that you can pin this post for later!
You guys…these mac and cheese bites are heavenly. And a bit addictive. They make for the perfect appetizer, and they’ll be sure to wow any guests you might have. Or, they’ll at least wow your stomach if you’re still social distancing and enjoying these in the comfort of your own home!
Mac and Cheese Bites
What I love about this dish the most is the Tillamook Farmstyle Thick Cut Sharp Cheddar Shreds. Tillamook has been our go-to cheese and ice cream brand since we were introduced to them last year, and the quality is next level. What I love about Tillamook is that they’re a farmer-owned dairy co-op, and they also do a lot to give back to farmers as well. If you purchase any Tillamook products in the grocery store this month, they will donate 10% of those sales to fund American Farmland Trust programs that save farms and support sound farming practices.
These mac and cheese bites are good ol’ comfort food, packed in a snack-sized bite. They’re perfect for your next wine and cheese nights, Sunday football watch parties, or even to celebrate life. I know I’ll be making these over the weekend to treat myself after a long work week!
Also, feel free to add in other items like bacon or jalapenos to these mac and cheese bites. Tom and I also love to sprinkle either Old Bay or hot sauce over these bad boys as well!Print
An appetizer that’s perfect for any cheese lover.
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Tillamook Unsalted butter
- 3 cups Tillamook Farmstyle Thick Cut Sharp Cheddar Cheese Shreds
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1–3/4 cups 2% milk
- 3/4 cup biscuit mix
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 425°. Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle 1/4 cup bread crumbs into 36 greased mini-muffin cups. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour and seasonings until smooth; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in 2 cups Tillamook Farmstyle Thick Cut Sharp Cheddar Cheese Shreds until melted.
- Remove from heat; stir in biscuit mix, eggs, and 1/2 cup bread crumbs. Add macaroni; toss to coat. Spoon about 2 tablespoons macaroni mixture into prepared mini-muffin cups; sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese shreds and bread crumbs.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pans 5 minutes before serving.
- Prep Time: 35 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
Have you tried mac and cheese bites before? What other fall recipes are you looking for? Let me know in the comments below!
Photos by Tom McGovern