We moved into our new Los Angeles apartment about a month ago, and slowly but surely, we’re settling in and starting to make this new place a home. We knew that we would be downsizing when we moved to LA, but I don’t think either of us realized how small our new place would be. Ultimately, we opted for a gorgeous, new high rise in Downtown Los Angeles with incredible views but a pretty small kitchen. Which is why today I’m going to share with you how to organize a small kitchen!
How to Organize a Small Kitchen
Since we’re working with much less space in this new apartment, we had to get crafty and optimize every nook and cranny of storage space we had. Here are a few items we picked up from Walmart that made organizing our kitchen a breeze!
Shop Walmart+ Kitchen Organization:
As we unpacked our kitchen, we quickly realized that we needed practical storage solutions to fit our essentials. I opted to order some organization items for our kitchen from Walmart and having a Walmart+ membership came in handy. One membership benefit that I love is the free shipping, no order minimum required! Plus, we could get some items shipped as soon as the next day, which was super helpful to get our kitchen organized quickly.
With Walmart+, you can also get free Delivery from your store as soon as today ($35 minimum and restrictions apply), and you can even get Express Delivery and as a W+ member, and they’ll waive the delivery fee (being a Walmart+ does not waive the $10 express fee). So you can skip the grocery shopping trip and get all of your essentials delivered in a matter of hours!
If you want to try Walmart+, you can sign up for a 15-day trial. I’ve had this membership for almost a year now, and I can’t imagine life without it.
Kitchen Organization Tips and Tricks:
I worked with a professional organizer to help optimize space in our kitchen, and here were a few tips she provided:
- Remove boxes with you can & organize items in containers. You’d be surprised how much more items you can fit in your pantry if you get rid of the boxes the items come in. For example, I always have multiple flavors of KIND Bars on hand, and just by removing them from the boxes and putting them into their own container, I saved a ton of space in my pantry, and I’m able to pick out a snack pretty quickly!
- Store pasta and rice in airtight containers. I always like to have pasta and rice on hand for easy, quick meals, so we removed them from their respective bags and boxes and got an airtight storage container for these items. It’s made cooking a lot easier, plus it’s functional and looks a lot more aesthetically pleasing.
- Use a tiered spice rack. It can be hard to find the right spice rack at times, so we opted for a tiered spice rack so we could easily see our collection. We’re still growing our spice collection, and I like that this rack gives us room to grow. Eventually, we’ll replace the bottles, so they all match and label them accordingly.
- Baskets and bins are your friends. We used quite a few baskets and bins for our kitchen storage as well. I have one bin that holds our placemats, table runners, and fancy napkins, and I have a few bins below our sink that organize our reusable bags and cleaning products. Grouping them neatly into a basket or bin makes it easier to find and helps keep your items tidy.
- Don’t forget to optimize the space in the fridge. I think the fridge can be overlooked when it comes to organization, but it’s awe-inspiring when a fridge looks clean and neat. I love this set which includes multiple containers and stackable bins to help you make the most out of your fridge.
What are your kitchen organization tips? Let me know in the comments below!
Thank you to Walmart for sponsoring today’s post! All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Do you have any tips on how organize a small kitchen? Let me know in a comment below!