Hello everyone! So excited to have Katie of Twin Stripe guest blogging for me today! Katie was one of the first bloggers I met at SBScon not one but TWO years ago when it was held in Atlanta. She is THE biggest sweetheart IRL and I immediately fell in love with her blog. I secretly want her to style my entire apartment/next party/life. Katie has a really amazing new website that she’s sharing with you, so make sure to check that out at the end of the post!
Hi Alicia Tenise readers! I’m Katie from lifestyle blog, Twin Stripe and I’m thrilled to be guest posting for Alicia as she recovers from her surgery.
I’ll be honest, I’m not a huge fan of new year’s resolutions, but I do like to reflect on the year that ended and set new goals for 2016. I’m launching my web and consulting business tomorrow and as I embark on this new adventure, I’m planning on doing a lot more reading to help up my business game. So here are my favorite books for bloggers that every blogger should read:
- The War of Art, Steven Pressfield | As a creative, I often hit barriers in my work. This book is designed to help you move past those barriers to achieve success.
- Leave Your Mark, Aliza Licht | I’m almost finished with this book and Aliza Licht, a fashion communication executive, shares her career successes and a lot of practical advice. It’s a great primer on building your personal brand.
- How To Style Your Brand, Fiona Humberstone | I just received this book for Christmas and I can’t wait to dig in! This book walks you through the process of creating and styling your brand. Perfect for anyone starting something new or looking to rebrand.
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up, Marie Kondo | While this is not a business book, I think we can all benefit from evaluating the clutter in our lives and decide what is truly important. Marie Kondo will take you through her KonMari Method to tidy up your life.
- Rework, Jason Fried & David Heinemeier Hansson | Kathleen Shannon from the Being Boss podcast highly recommended this book and I knew I had to read it. Rework takes an untraditional approach to business and focuses on how to be more productive and get to work.
- Make It Happen, Lara Casey | Lara Casey, founder of Southern Weddings, shares her compelling story and includes application techniques for her readers.
- Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook, Gary Vaynerchuk | If you are new to social media or have been using it your whole life, Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook is a must read for anyone in social media.
I have a lot of reading and learning to do in 2016! What are your favorite business books for bloggers?
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to stop by my new business website, Katie Williamsen Web & Social Media Consulting, LLC, lifestyle blog, Twin Stripe or on social media: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
Happy reading and happy new year!