You guys: I’ve got some big things in the works, but I need a little bit of help. I’m hiring for a rockstar intern that’s based in either the Washington, D.C. area or Charlottesville.
Dress: Lulus | Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell | Bag: Zac Zac Posen
If you’ve noticed lately, my actual blog posts have been a tad inconsistent as of late. Fall is always a difficult season for me to manage: not only is it my heaviest travel season of the year, but it’s when I have the largest influx of campaigns as well. I’ve had a lot on my plate these last couple of weeks, and not enough time to manage it all.
Long story short: I need help. I had both an assistant and a brand manager this past spring that made my life easier, but it was time for both of them to move on to other projects. That’s why I’m hiring for either a rockstar assistant or intern — starting in the next couple of weeks.
In order to be considered, I need for you to live in either the D.C. or Charlottesville metro area — or willing to commute to one of these areas ~4 times/month. While this position will be mostly remote, it is best to train my intern/assistant IRL, and I need hands-on help with events and photo shoots.
Ready to learn more about my internship opportunity? Let’s get started.
- 3-Month internship opportunity (trial period with possible extension)
- Available approx. 10 hours a week (flexible and subject to differ weekly)
- Mostly virtual; we’ll meet in person once a month, have Facetime/Skype meetings 1x/week, and plan on going to at least four events/month
- Stipend provided at the end of the internship
- College credit available
Who I’m Looking For:
- College students preferred (Age 21+ is a plus, but not required!)
- Must have excellent communication/writing skills
- Intermediate photography skills
- Strong understanding of blogging, social media & online marketing
- Skilled in social media: Instagram, Twitter, Facebook & Pinterest
- Own a laptop & smartphone
- Be able to commute to events in the Washington, D.C. area
- Bonus: you have graphic design (Photoshop) skills
Your Job Duties:
- Assist with social media management
- Client relationship management
- Assist with event planning and TV segment preparation
- Manage blog editorial and social media calendar
- Assist with blog photography and photoshoots
- Fashion Styling
- Attend Events
What You’ll Learn:
- How to negotiate like a boss
- Photography + photoshop tips and tricks (these helped me land jobs when I was working in marketing)
- How to pitch brands
- The ins and outs of the blogging industry
How to Apply:
Send me an email (email@example.com) with the following:
- Why You Want to Work for Alicia Tenise in 140 characters or less (no cover letters, please!)
- Links to social media accounts you have worked on
- A Writing Sample
- In Subject Line Write “Alicia Tenise Digital Internship – (Your Name)”