February always comes and goes in the blink of an eye. I am still in disbelief that March is next week!
As we head into the last few days of Black History Month, I wanted to encourage you to support Black Owned businesses going forward. While I encourage you to support these businesses year-round, I wanted to round up some of my Black-owned business favorites at the moment that are ideal for transitioning into spring. It doesn’t seem like winter’s going anywhere anytime soon, so here are a few cozy pieces that will keep you warm until spring finally makes her debut!
Black Owned Businesses
- GOODEE x Frama Apothecary Body Wash & Lotion Set | Looking to practice a little self-care and infuse your skin with hydration this winter? This GOODEE x Farma set is right up your alley! The gentle body wash will soften the skin, while the lotion will nourish it. This would also make for a great, luxe gift!
- 54 Thrones Kahina Lava Cleansing Mask | Another item you can add to your Self-Care Sunday lineup? This cleansing mask by 54 Thrones. This mask will purify and detoxify your skin.
- Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Tea Tree Scalp Treatment | What I love about Briogeo is that they make products that work well for many different hair types. I like to give my scalp a little more TLC in the winter because it’s super dry out, and this scalp treatment will give you some much-needed moisture.
- GOODEE x Ezcaray Matisse Stripe Mohair & Wool Scarf | To my fellow East-Coasters: I regret to inform you, but it doesn’t look like spring is coming anytime soon.
- Good American Power Mock Neck Midi Dress | We all know that Khloe Kardashian co-owns Good American, but did you know of the other co-owner, Emma Grede? She’s a Black pioneer in the fashion industry and someone that I look up to. I love this mock neck midi dress because you can pair it with books and a jacket now, and wear it with sneakers or sandals once it warms up.
- Phenomenally Human Cotton Blend Sweatshirt | Anyone else obsessed with Kamala Harris’ niece, Meena Harris? Can we start a fan club? This sweatshirt from her Phenomenal line is perfect for lounging at home, and it’s currently on sale for less than $25.
- GOODEE x Graf Lantz Wine-O Wine Glass Markers | These darling wine markers would make for a great housewarming gift. They’re under $20, and a great way to keep tabs of which glass of wine belongs to who!
- Corset Leopard Print Puff Sleeve Maxi Dress | Another Good American find that I’m loving. This dress is classic and is super easy to winterize. Layer a black turtleneck underneath and some knee-high boots, and you’ve got a chic ensemble!
- Velvet Long Sleeve Wrap Bodysuit | I don’t always wear jeans, but when I do, I find that layering them over a bodysuit is the way to go. No need to make a fuss with your shirt! I love this velvet bodysuit — it’s perfect for a date night out on the town.
- Ruched Turtleneck Bodysuit | This casual turtleneck bodysuit is great for these last few weeks of winter. Rock them with some destroyed denim and ankle boots, and you’re bound to look pulled together and chic.
- Coco and Breezy Lively 55mm Gradient Square Sunglasses | I only buy sunglasses about once every couple of years, and these are most likely going to be my next investment. I love the square shape and the flair of this pair!
- Fleece Half-Zip Pullover | I’ve grown to love a good half-zip pullover in quarantine. This one is currently on sale and available in plus sizes!
- Good Waist Crop Raw Edge Skinny Jeans | I mean, I know that Gen-Z said that skinny jeans weren’t cool, but I’m a millennial who will still rock them! I also like skinny jeans in the winter because you can tuck them into boots, and generally, they’re warmer than baggy styles. Good American jeans are an excellent investment!
Looking for more Black-Owned businesses to shop? Click here for more ideas!
Top photo by Tom McGovern
What are some of your favorite black owned businesses? Let me know in a comment below!