I don’t always blog on Saturdays, but trust me: this is a very special post for some of my D.C.-area boss ladies!
I’ve been blogging full-time for the past two years, and you guys: being self-employed is no easy feat. To all my fellow boss babes out there — you all are my inspiration to keep going. Nope, I don’t have a steady paycheck every week or great benefits with blogging full-time, but at the end of the day, it’s the career that I’m the most passionate about, and that’s what makes it all worthwhile.
For all my D.C.-area female entrepreneurs out there: I’ve got the scoop on a competition where you can win funds to launch your dream business. The catch? You have to submit your applications by THIS Monday, November 12th. Here’s how to enter!
The Women’s Entrepreneurship Conference
Women owned 12.3 million businesses, or 40 percent, in 2018 and are starting 1,821 new businesses each day in the U.S. Yet 98 percent of all venture funding goes to men. To successfully launch and scale a company, it is critical for women to have access to the right tools, expertise, and resources.
The Women’s Entrepreneurship Conference on Wednesday, November 14 at George Mason University’s Founders Hall was inspired by the missions of two of its sponsors: Freedom Start Foundation Founder Richard Fink and 30 Second Pitch founder Joseph B. Sprung, who passionately believe venture capital should not just be for the well-connected, but for the hard workers with the best ideas. Both organizations – along with third partner and host George Mason University School of Business – seek to create an environment of encouragement, support, knowledge and funding opportunities for those looking to take the next steps in their career.
Also at the free, full-day conference, attendees will:
- Hear the inspiring stories of top women in business who have become successful entrepreneurs;
- Learn and ask questions about how to make the changes necessary to fulfill your dream business and how to navigate the obstacles involved.
- Learn about funding opportunities for those looking to take the next steps in their career.
30 Second Pitch: Pitch Your Business Idea & Win $5000
Want to win $5,000 for your business? Here’s how:
- Download the 30 Second Pitch app
- Send in your short video or idea by Monday evening, November 12 at 7:00 pm (the deadline has been extended!)
- Three finalists will pitch before a panel of expert judges at the It’s Never Too Late Conference next Wednesday, 11/14 at George Mason University School of Business in Arlington, VA: one will win $5K!
Easy, right? You’ve got the rest of the weekend to perfect your pitch — don’t miss this incredible opportunity to earn funds for your business idea!
Register for the Conference
The Women’s Entrepreneurship Conference is free, but it is almost sold out. Register today to secure your spot! Here are all the details:
Women’s Entrepreneurship Conference
3351 Fairfax Drive
Arlington, VA 22201
Wednesday, November 14, 2018
8:30 AM – 6:30 PM
Thank you to the Women’s Entrepreneurship Conference and 30 Second Pitch for sponsoring today’s post! All thoughts and opinions are my own.