Thank you to Kleenex and Wal-Mart for sponsoring today’s post! All opinions are, of course, my own and experiences are genuine.
I get really nostalgic during this time of year. I love everything about back to school but sadly, I am not returning to it! I graduated from college last spring, however, my passion for school supplies and dorm decor has not waned one bit.
Even though I’m not headed back to school this fall, I had to share some of my dorm room essentials that got me through college. It was hard to narrow it down to only ten picks since there are so many things you need to pack for college, however, these are the items that really enhanced my college experience.
1. Push Pins — I pinned everything when I was in college. From posters on my wall to important due dates, the push pin became my friend.
2. Coffee Mug — My coffee addiction didn’t begin until post-grad life, however, my coffee mugs were essential in school. Every time I would start to feel a little homesick, I would always make myself some tea!
3. Velvet Hangers — your dorm room closet will most likely be tiny. Velvet hangers save on space, and help keep your clothes from falling to the ground!
4. Kleenex Expressions Oval Facial Tissue
— Kleenex in a dorm is a lifesaver. From springtime allergies to the drama of an all-nighter to getting ready for a night out on the town, you always need to have some Kleenex stocked and ready. How adorable are these new oval chevron decorative tissue boxes? These will be the perfect finishing touch for any fashionista’s dorm room!
Visit your local Walmart Supercenter, to purchase the Kleenex Expressions Oval Facial Tissue Chevron Designs. You can locate these bad boys in the Back to School, Back to College, and/or tissue section of Walmart Supercenters.
5. Printer — Sure, there’s a printer in the library. However, with the amount of papers you’ll need to print, it’s best to have one conveniently in your room.
6. Post-Its — I am a Post-It fanatic. I remind myself of important deadlines and use them as bookmarks quite frequently (even in post-grad life!)
7. Planner — Because life gets hectic in college. A planner was essential for keeping track of assignments, meetings and appointments, and keeping me sane.
8. Microwave — This is a non-negotiable. Say goodbye to mom’s home-cooked meals and learn to love popcorn and ramen.
9. Storage Bins — Because you never, ever will have enough storage with your dorm room furniture. Grab some stackable storage that will fit under your bed to save space!
— I would recommend three sets of towels to be perfectly honest. You can never have too many!
What were some of your dorm room essentials?